Hematology is the study of blood and blood disorders. Hematologists and hematopathologists
are highly trained healthcare providers who specialize in diseases of the blood and blood
components. These include blood and bone marrow cells. Hematological tests can help
diagnose anemia, infection, hemophilia, blood-clotting disorders, and leukemia.
Complete blood count (CBC)
- White blood cell count (WBC)
- Red blood cell count (RBC)
- Platelet count
- Hematocrit red blood cell volume (HCT)
- Hemoglobin concentration (HB). This is the oxygen-carrying protein in red blood cells.
- Differential white blood count
- Red blood cell indices (measurements)
- Prothrombin time (PT) Partial Thromboplastin Time (PTT) International Normalized Ratio